REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC)
The REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) is the nation's largest, most successful, and most bipartisan political action committee. Your voluntary investment is used to improve your bottom line in several ways: Through issues mobilization, political advocacy, and by directly supporting candidates at the local, state, and federal levels of government who champion the ideals and principles of REALTORS®. RPAC is your best investment in real estate!
What's in it for you?
RPAC provides you with the opportunity to have a collective impact on the election of officials who will shape legislation that affects your livelihood and the way real estate professionals do business.
RPAC exists to give a voice to the policy interests of REALTORS® because where the voices of individuals can often be ignored, our cumulative voices provide the opportunity to inform our elected officials of the impact their legislative actions have on our business. It is important to get involved with RPAC as, like it or not, government and the political process directly impacts the ability of real estate professionals to be profitable. RPAC is the largest, most successful and most bipartisan PAC in the nation. As REALTORS®, we have two choices: We can either be players in the political process, or become victims of it. RPAC is how REALTORS® get and keep a seat at the table.
Where does your RPAC investment go?
Of every dollar you invest, 35% is utilized by Atlanta RPAC to support local candidates and issues in Metro Atlanta. 35% is utilized by Georgia RPAC in state races and the remaining 30% is utilized by National RPAC to help elect a REALTOR®-friendly Congress.
How does your RPAC investment pay off?
Your RPAC investment pays off with every political victory:
- Preserving the federal Mortgage Interest Deduction protects $8,800 in annual commission for the average REALTOR®.
- Raising the conforming mortgage loan limits increased the earnings of the average REALTOR® by $6,250.
- Blocking a 6% state tax on real estate commissions saves the average member $2,300 per year.
- Preventing cities and counties from charging individual REALTORS® a business license fee saves you more than $200 in every jurisdiction in which you do business.
- Preserving the income tax deduction for property taxes protects $2,500 of annual income for the average REALTOR®.
- Keeping national banks out of the real estate brokerage and property management business saves the average REALTOR® $5,400 annually.
- Protecting REALTORS® from prosecution for the unauthorized practice of law for advice regarding clients' contracts.
- Prohibiting local governments from charging property managers a rental registration fee.
- Defeating a proposal that would have imposed civil and criminal penalties on real estate agents if the clients failed to retrofit plumbing fixtures prior to the closing of a sale.
- Defeating a 100% increase in real estate transfer tax.
- Expanding REALTORS® banking options for client funds by eliminating the requirement that funds be held in a checking account.
VOTE : ACT : INVEST
VOTE : ACT : INVEST
Major Investor Levels and Benefits
Investing in RPAC allows us to determine the quality of our future in the industry. Below are the benefits of the four RPAC Major Investor levels.
|Level||Major Investor||President's Circle|
|Sterling R||$1,000||$1,000 + $2,000*|
|$2,000 + $2,000*|
Sustain: $1,000 + $2,000*
|$4,000 + $2,000*|
Sustain: $1,000 + $2,000*
|$10,000 + $2,000*|
Sustain: $5,000 + $2,000*
*President's Circle requires additional contributions totaling $2,000 to be made separately and directly to select RPAC-recommended candidates. Once enrolled, RPAC will provide information on recommended candidates and instructions on how to contribute.
Contributions are not deductible for income tax purposes. Contributions to RPAC are voluntary and are used for political purposes. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal and the National Association of REALTORS®, the Georgia Association of REALTORS®, the Atlanta REALTORS® Association, or the Atlanta Commercial Board of REALTORS® will not favor or disfavor any member because of the amount contributed. 70% of each contribution is used by GARPAC and ARPAC to support state and local candidates. Until GARPAC reaches its RPAC goal, 30% is sent to National RPAC to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 2 U.S.C. 441a; after GARPAC reaches its RPAC goal, it may elect to retain your entire contribution for use in supporting state and local candidates.